Contributions are disabled in this live stream.
- According to the Institute for the Study of War, the ISW, “Ukraine seems to have won the battle of Kharkiv”. The American think tank says that the Russian army has not tried to resist Ukrainian counterattacks in recent days, and is now focusing on “an orderly withdrawal” troops trying to surround Ukraine’s second city.
- Many losses in equipment and personnel on the Russian side. This was announced on Facebook on Friday evening by Serhi Haïdaï, Ukrainian governor of the Luhansk region: There is heavy fighting on the border with the Donetsk region, near Popasna. It’s a horror, but they are still trying to achieve their ends. However, according to the interceptions [de communications téléphoniques], we understand that an entire battalion has refused to attack because they see what is happening. » In Mariupol, negotiations would be “very difficult” on the fate of the last defenders of the strategic port city.
- A Russian army in slow motion, says London. The British Ministry of Defense said on Friday that Ukrainian forces had pushed back ” with success “ a Russian attempt to cross the river near Sievierodonetsk, causing heavy losses for the Moscow troops. This operation illustrates “the pressure under which Russian commanders find themselves to advance in eastern Ukraine”according to the ministry: the Russian army is not “did not achieve significant progress although it concentrated its forces there afterwards” having given up trying to win in kyiv.
- Tensions between Volodymyr Zelensky and Emmanuel Macron. The Ukrainian president told the Italian channel Rai that his French counterpart was trying to dialogue with Moscow. “ We must not look for a way out for Russia, and Macron is doing it in vain”he said before adding “I know he wanted to get results in the mediation between Russia and Ukraine, but he didn’t get any. “The Elysée reacted:” The President of the Republic has never discussed anything with Vladimir Putin without the agreement of President Zelensky. »
- In a Facebook post, Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov said this morning that his country was entering “in a new and long phase of war”. To prepare for this, kyiv plans to increase its production capacity for military equipment, and toto be able to arm a million citizens.
- Russia will suspend its electricity deliveries to Finland from this Saturday, May 14, 2022due to alleged “unpaid”. Tension is rising between Moscow and Helsinki, which has announced its desire to join ” without delay “ to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) under the influence of the Russian offensive in Ukraine. Moscow, which sees it with a very bad eye, has already threatened a response “military-technical”. The operator of the finished power grid assured that it could do without imports of power places from Russia.
- A separatist region of Georgia is going to hold a referendum on integration with Russia. The authorities of the pro-Russian Georgian separatist region of South Ossetia announced on Friday evening that this consultation would be held on July 17.
- The European Union (EU) will provide additional military assistance of 500 million euros Ukraine to help it defend itself against the Russian invader, EU foreign policy chief Josep Borrell said.
- According to Ukrainian Finance Minister Sergii Marchenko, the Ukrainian Armed Forces have spent the equivalent of $8.3 billion, or 245.1 billion hryvnia, the country’s currency, since the start of the war. Another financial consequence of the conflict, the government was only able to collect 60% of the taxes expected for the month of April. The minister said that Ukraine urgently needs foreign aid.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Investigation. Commentary Vladimir Putin resuscitated NATO
Report. In Portugal, the support of Ukrainian refugees by pro-Russian activists causes scandal
Narrative. Eurovision: under the kitsch, the rhinestones and the sequins, the weight of geopolitics
Decryption. Ukraine wary of ‘European political community’ project
Historical. The myth of the decisive battle
Analyze. Tortured Russian prisoners: videos verified by The world implicate a battalion of Ukrainian volunteers
Decryption. The war in Ukraine reignites the hypersonic arms race
Find our live yesterday on this link.