5 months after the launch of Reels on Facebook in the United States, Meta announces their deployment in 150 countries. Format is clearly becoming Meta’s priority.
We strive to make Reels the best way for creators to get discovered, connect with their audience, and earn money.
Meta specifies that the video represents 50% of the time spent on Facebook and Instagram, and that the Reel format is the one qui shows the fastest growth.
How to Create and Discover Reels on Facebook
The Reels will benefit from strong visibility on Facebook. In the coming weeks, you can discover them on your feed or in the stories.
- Stories: you will be able to share public Reels in your stories and create Reels from public stories.
- Watch : the Watch tab will insert Reels and Meta prepares tools to help you create Reels directly from this space.
- To feed : the Reels will be clearly identified, at the very top of the feed, to allow you to discover and create them very easily. You’ll also be able to see Reels from people you don’t (yet) follow in your feed.
Meta also mentions the development of a function to allow creators to crosspost a Reels on Facebook and Instagram.
New tools to create and monetize your Reels
New tools are also presented to convince creators to share this type of videos on the networks of the Meta group.
- Remix: to create a Reel based on another, like on TikTok and Instagram.
- 60 second reels: Reels can now last up to one minute.
- Draft: you can save a draft to finalize your Reel later.
- Video montage : Meta will develop tools to facilitate video editing, especially for live Reels and “long format” Reels.
The creators were convinced by this video format thanks to TikTok. Meta now wants to persuade them to migrate to its own platforms. Creators will soon have new options for monetizing Reels. The platform mentions two advertising formats of “Facebook Reels Overlay Ads”:
- A semi-transparent banner displayed at the bottom of the Reels
- Static images which can be placed anywhere on the Reels
Bonus programs to reward (and attract) the most popular creators will also be expanded to more countries.