Last March, Samsung announced that several Galaxy S22 photo and video functions would be transferred to certain previous models of the Galaxy S, Z and Note lines. Good news, this update is starting to be released in Europe as well as in South Korea. It is the Galaxy S21 which seems to have the first of this bonus, but many other models are also concerned.
Features and compatible Samsung smartphones
- Night portrait mode with telephoto lens : Galaxy S21, Z Fold3, S20, Note 20, Z Fold2
- Improved auto framing with auto zoom in/out and tracking by recognizing positions (up to ten people) up to five meters away : Galaxy S21, Z Fold3, Z Flip3, S21 FE, Z Fold2, Z Flip 5G/LTE
- Extension for video calls with effects for Google Duo, Meet, Messenger, Teams, WhatsApp, Zoom, etc. : Galaxy S21, Z Fold3, Z Flip3, S21 FE, S20, Note20, Z Fold2, Z Flip 5G/LTE, S20 FE, S10, Note10, Z Fold, S10 Lite, Note10 Lite
- Extension for video calls with automatic framing : Galaxy S21, Z Fold3, Z Flip3, S21 FE, Z Fold2, Z Flip 5G/LTE
- Improved photo performance for third-party photo and networking apps : Galaxy S21, Z Fold3, Z Flip3, S21 FE
- Expert RAW and telephoto application in Pro mode : Galaxy Z Fold 3. The Expert RAW application will be available for download on the Galaxy Store in May.
Samsung indicates that the deployment of this update will be done gradually until the end of May.