Microsoft has just announced the deployment of the Sound Recorder application on Windows 11, a new voice recorder.
Want to make voice recordings on your computer running under Windows 11 ? Be aware that Microsoft has just suffered a brand new application for this. Named Tape recorder, the latter is currently only available to members of the Windows Insiders program (Dev channel). We know all the same all the novelties rejected by this solution.
A new audio recording app
Microsoft continues to refresh its operating system by offering a new facelift to its applications. Indeed, the American firm has just announced the launch of the application for making voice recordings “Sound Recorder”. Currently only available to members of the Windows Insiders program in the Dev Channel, this solution replaces Voice Recorder and brings the following new features:
- A new interface with an improved user experience, including a “Share” button to quickly send voice memos;
- A visual in the form of waves to visualize the different audio levels when recording a conversation;
- An option to change the recording device, not the Windows default microphone;
- The ability to choose the format of the recorded audio file;
- Importing external audio files;
- Adding a marker to quickly identify certain key points in a recording.
After being tested with a limited group of users, Sound Recorder will arrive at the general public and will simply replace Voice Recorder, alias the Voice Recorder in French, on Windows 11.
In addition to this novelty, Microsoft has come to highlight through a blog post the new features deployed on Windows 11 for its other applications. The American firm thus unveils the changes made to Paint, Notepad, Photos, Screen Capture Tool, Media Player, Clock and Calculator. In addition to a redesigned design to adapt to the new operating system, Microsoft has added many features to make these applications more useful for its users.