Facebook Live is getting better: the list of what’s new
Meta improve Facebook Live: following the redesign of the live video tool on mobile and desktop, new functional features are announced.
- Privilege Sharing: Meta recognizes it, it was one of the most anticipated novelties. You can now highlight a link from a third party site during your live.
- Survey : Once reserved for live video on PC, polls are now accessible on mobile. Interesting to get live feedback and engage your audience.
- Live with: the functionality to make a live in collaboration is extended to more users. You will soon be able to invite up to 3 streamers to your live stream.
- Live Stories: to increase your audience, it is possible to share a live in your Facebook stories. This is thus found at the top of the news feed.
- Badges: in order to identify your best fans, badges are added on Facebook Live. They are displayed next to the name of the spectators.
- 1st row: Facebook is testing an experience where the most engaged viewers at a given time are displayed in a section First rang live broadcast.
More news for creators on Facebook
In parallel, Facebook announces a new program (Bonus) to allow creators to generate income. Meta wants to retain its most engaged members and ensure predictable revenue. To improve the experience, efforts have also been made to better filter and order comments.
Finally, Facebook presents a new publication format: Featured Conversations. It allows to initiate a public discussion with a selected person and to separate other comments, as shown in the screenshot below.