The Instagram social network suggests profiles to its users in almost every part of its application or site. This is to allow them to stay connected with all their contacts. Unfortunately, while sometimes helpful, these suggestions very often include accounts that you don’t plan to engage with. Is this your case and you would like to get rid of this list that is starting to bore you? No problem, we show you in this tutorial how to delete suggestions on instagram.
How to remove suggestions from Instagram feed?
Every time you scroll through your Instagram feed, sooner or later you come across the banner of ” suggestions for you “. generally placed between publications, this horizontal list is made up of accounts that the social network offers us to follow.
It is also found in the right side column of the social platform.
Even if there is currently no way to get rid of them definitively, each user still has the possibility of manually deleting the suggestions that do not interest him. To do this, he just has to click on the cross ” X which is located in the upper right corner of each profile offered in the mobile application. This option is unfortunately not available on the official website of the social network.
However, you should know that when you remove recommendations from the banner, new people take their place. So, even with this technique, you will not be very advanced in the end. You can, if you wish, access the complete list of Instagram accounts recommended for you, by clicking on “ See everything ” Where ” See everything at the top right of the suggestions banner.
But here too, you will see all the accounts recommended to you, but you will not be able to delete them from the list. But fortunately this is not the case with the suggestions that appear in private messaging.
How do I remove suggestions from Instagram’s private messaging?
There are generally two methods to remove Instagram suggestions that appear in private messages. The first process consisted mainly of chatting more with his contacts or friends on the social network.
Although simple and functional, this technique will not suit everyone. It is indeed more suitable for private accounts that have very few subscribers or discussions in their mailbox. So don’t hesitate to give it a try if you belong to this category of Instagram users.
The second method of deleting Instagram suggestions is much more technical. Indeed, it consists of emptying the cache of the Instagram application installed on your smartphone. Therefore, this technique cannot be used on the official website of the social platform. Here is how you should go about applying it on your Android and iOS mobile devices.
Instagram: How to remove suggestions from private messaging on iPhone?
As mentioned earlier, to delete suggestions made by Instagram in your private messaging on iPhone, you need to clear the cache of the app. However, be aware that this method does not always result in the proposed. That said, you lose nothing by trying it.
To clear the cache of the Instagram application installed on your iPhone, you need to uninstall it and then reinstall it. Here are the steps on how to delete and reinstall Instagram on your smart device.
- Make a long press on the Instagram social network thumbnail on the home screen.
- In the contextual menu that appears on the screen, select the option ” Uninstall the app“.
- Then confirm the deletion of the application by clicking on ” To delete“.
- Once done, open the ” App store“, then search there ” instagram “.
- Click on the app, then on the virtual cloud to reinstall it.
- Complete the procedure by logging into your Instagram account again.
Instagram: How to remove recommended profiles from private messaging on Android?
Unlike iPhones or iPads, you can delete Instagram app cache on your Android without uninstalling it. Here is the process to follow to get there.
- The very first chose that you need to do to clear Instagram cache is access the “ Settingsof the Android phone. These can be accessed through the apps menu.
- Once in the settings of your mobile device, find and click on “ Storage“.
- On the new page that appears on the screen, you will be offered several options. Touch the ” Shared internal memoryto go to the next step.
- use the features of the new window that appeared, then select ” Other Apps“.
- A comprehensive list of apps installed on your Android should now appear on the screen. download it and click on the Instagram app as soon as you find it.
- In the bottom section of the new page are two options: “ Erase data” and ” Clear cache “. Touch the one located in the lower right tab of the screen.
- Complete the process by confirming that you want to empty the cache of the social network.
- Once this setting is applied, launch the Instagram app from the menu or its desktop shortcut. The suggestions that previously appeared in your private messaging should now have disappeared.
How to remove search suggestions on Instagram?
Whenever you search for a profile on Instagram and access it, it is automatically added to the ” Recent “. After multiple account searches, suggestions can easily pile up and become overwhelming. Is this currently the case on your account? Does it bother you and would you like to suffer there? You can do this in two different ways whether you are using an Android or an iOS-enabled mobile device.
Method 1: How to remove manual search suggestions on Instagram?
- To use the first method, you must first access the ” To research“. To do this, go to the app’s home and tap the magnifying glass icon found in the bottom menu bar.
- On the new page that has just been displayed, you will find at the very top the field ” To research“.
- Activate it by touching it to bring up the list of search suggestions. As pointed out earlier, this is all the profiles you have searched for and viewed on your Instagram account. They will show up in the ” Recent” of the page.
- You can proceed to the deletion of each of them by clicking on their cross « X» respectively. You will find one in front of the title of each account. Touch the cross of the profiles that you will then remove from the list.
If the list of search suggestions is too long for you to delete the recommended accounts manually, then it would be better for you to use the second method.
Method 2: Delete his entire search history
The second method of deleting search suggestions is to clear the entire history of searched and viewed profiles with a single click. To use it, you first need to access the full search history.
- To do this, click on ” See everything» instead of deleting one after the other, the accounts proposed in the section « To research “.
- Once all the suggestions are displayed, all you have to do is delete them with a single click by running ” Reset all“.
- Then confirm clearing all current search history“ Reset all” in the appear which has just appeared.
Once done, an empty page without any search suggestions should now be displayed. If so, then it means that you have successfully removed all search suggestions from Instagram social network.
Note, however, that Instagram will give you new account suggestions the moment you start searching and viewing profiles. So, depending on the frequency of your searches and your activity, you may need to repeat this operation in the near or distant future.