The flagship of Samsung soundbars is back with the HW-Q900A, a 2021/2022 version with very few new features, but which is still just as excellent to many unfavorable people.
Introductory price €999
Again repeated for the HW-Q900A which takes up absolutely all the ingredients that make up the strength of its elder, the HW-Q900T, with the added bonus of a small gain in versatility in its connected aspect. This 2021 version is therefore still one of the essential references in the segment of high-end Dolby Atmos / DTS: X soundbars, and still as an excellent home cinema audio solution.
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X compatibility
- Remarkably transparent sound.
- Hair-raising power reserve and dynamics, non-existent distortion.
- Remarkable subwoofer: excellent responsiveness, great extension, no resonance.
- Convincing virtual spatialization, including height effects.
- Manufacturing quality.
- Coherence of the surround scene sensitive to the acoustics of the listening room.
- Rickety display.
Sonos Beam (2nd Gen)
The Sonos Beam Gen 2 is certainly only a very minor evolution of the first Beam of the name, but it does not need more to remain one of the most recommended compact soundbars on the market. Its remarkably musical and immersive sound (despite anecdotally relevant Dolby Atmos compatibility) combines with a connected audio ecosystem of unparalleled completeness and maturity to form a very attractive whole. Beware, however, of its ultra-minimalist connectors, which could be a source of frustration in certain installations.