Facebook News, a space to access the latest news
Meta officially announces that Facebook News will be broadcast from February 15 for all Facebook users in France. Facebook News is a new tab that will appear on your application and will centralize all “news comes from a wide range of reliable and relevant sources of information. »
For this project, by working jointly with the Alliance de la Presse d’Information Générale (APIG), Meta was able to conclude partnership agreements with many media. Thus, from the launch, the following daily newspapers will be presented in Facebook News:
- National newspapers: 20 Minutes, La Croix, Le Figaro, Le Journal du Dimanche, Le Parisien and Les Echos.
- Weekly and local dailies: La Dépêche du Midi, La Provence, La Voix du Nord, Le Dauphiné Libéré, Le Progrès, Le Télégramme, Nice-Matin and Sud Ouest.
How does Facebook News work?
On Facebook News, you find:
- Top news: these news items are selected by a team of independent journalists. The goal: to allow you to follow the news throughout the day.
- Personalized article suggestions: these suggestions are based on the news you read, share and follow. The objective: to allow you to discover new media.
- Thematic sections: these sections are useful if you wish to focus on a particular subject: economy, entertainment, health, science and technology and sport.
You also have available:
- Control tools: so you can choose which articles, topics or publishers you can see later.
- “Collections”: they allow you to learn more about major current topics (presidential elections, major sporting events, etc.). You will find articles on these subjects as well as videos.
How will content be selected?
Meta explains: To ensure that Facebook News gives people an informed and reliable view of what’s happening in the news, the tab includes content curated by an independent team of journalists with strong backgrounds in various newsrooms. » Thus, the firm announces its collaboration with Media Services, a subsidiary of AFP, its curation partner dedicated to Facebook News in France.
All you have to do is test this new tab and see if the selection of content seems relevant to us… or not. The meta is becoming so for all users in France, you should soon see it appear on your application. Stay tuned !